Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Capelet is almost done


I didn't do much knitting yesterday as I was busy trying to find the floor in my room! Now I can see a large portion of the floor -

But today I sat down and picked up the Anthropologie Capelet again. And I just sewed in the last end. Now I need to find two buttons that are perfect for the capelet. Until then I can wear it open, if it gets cool enough to wear that is. I am so proud of how it came out.

Here it is this morning:

Just one more sleeve to finish and the ends to sew in.











And now here is what it looks like all finished except the buttons! The color is a little more pinky purple then in this picture, less blue, more red.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the approximately two balls left. I went through 4 balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. It is very soft, and has wonderful give to it that I wouldn't expect from cotton. The only down side to this yarn was the little bits of angora that would fluff up as I was knitting and somehow attach to my nose, face, and clothing for the rest of the day. Other then that I love this yarn.

No comments: