Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wonderful Finds


A few days ago I was able to head out of work a little early and go down to our local Savers. I have been amazed and overwhelmed at the size of the store in the past, but on this trip I discovered some wonderful treasures.

Of course now I have to figure out what to do with all this wonderful yarn. I am planning on making the felted slippers from Knit 2 Together from the bulky Aspen yarn - I actually found a skein of it in yellow in my stash when I got home! The variegated pink I am thinking of using to make a scarf since it is so soft, but possibly it might become gloves or fingerless mitts.
If anyone recognizes the grey yarn please let me know - I believe it is Japanese but I have not been able to find anything on the internet about it.

The fabric is a couple of pillow cases and some silk napkins. The pillowcases are going to become skirts once I get the chance to work on them. I am not sure yet what will happen with the napkins. The trip I am planning on using to create handles for tote bags, now I just need to find the fabric I plan to use them with. The total cost for all of these treasures: less than $25.00! I have to go visit Savers more often - if only I had the room to store the stuff I buy there!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Kate, Fiona from NZ here, your magazine swap partner. I couldn't find an e-mail contact for you so will just leave you my e-mail here and hope you get it. feekyle@xtra.co.nz. Then we can start to share our likes and dislikes for the swap.
Kind regards
Fiona.

brattcat said...

Hey, girl, you need to post more often. Especially with that gorgeous kitty in your banner photo.